Here are the log awaited answers to the Big 2021 Quiz. How did you do?
- Who was the winner of the Grand National? Horse & Jockey
Minella Times ridden by Rachael Blackmore who became the first woman to win the race
- Which country won the Eurovision Song Contest?
Italy won with the song “Zitti e buoni” by Måneskin
- Pete & Ann were away on holiday for nearly all September, Where were they?
- Which county was this years UK Mega held in?
- In which month did Prince Philip die?
- What vehicle did Prince Philip choose to carry his coffin at his funeral?
Land Rover Defender TD5 130
- A new £50 note entered circulation in June this year. Which scientist is celebrated on the new note?
- A ship blocked the Suez Canal for days causing worldwide delays: What was the name of the vessel?
- A legal dispute hit the headlines in April when Colin launched legal proceedings against Cuthbert: Who are Colin and Cuthbert?
Caterpillar cakes, from Marks & Spencer and Aldi respectively
- Bitcoin became the official currency in which Central American country?
- The Zoom meeting of a UK council went viral this year, with one guest memorably exclaiming “You do not have the authority, Jackie Weaver!” What council was it?
Handforth Parish Council
- The cast of which long-running American sitcom reunited for the first time since the show’s finale in 2004 this year?
- Who was the female tennis star from South London who won the US Open this year?
- Which American singer terminated a 13-year legal conservatorship giving their father and others control over their finances and personal life?
- This year ITV announced they had axed The X Factor – what year was the show first aired?
- What is Adele’s long awaited album called?
- Matt Hancock resigned as Health Secretary in June, after being caught doing something in his office – what was it?
Cameras caught him snogging his aide Gina Coladangelo
- In January 2021, online retailer Boohoo acquired which brand and website for £55 million?
- Which news channel was launched on 13 June?
- Who was the former owner of a Ford Escort sold at auction for more than £52,000?
Princess Diana was the owner of the 1981 Ford Escort Mk 3 Ghia
- Police are called as hundreds flock to Diddly Squat Farm Shop – who is its famous owner?
- What is the name of the new James Bond film?
No Time To Die
- September saw the eruption of a volcano on which Canary Island?
- The 2021 Labour Party conference took place in which seaside resort?
- The contactless payment limit is increased from £45 to how much?
- Alec Baldwin was filming on the set of which upcoming film when a terrible and fatal accident occurred?
- Hollywood stars Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenne visited which British non-league football club’s stadium for the first time since buying it earlier in the year?
- Voyage is a studio album released on 5 November 2021 by which group?
- Which supermarket chain spoofed the John Lewis Christmas advert?
- At the end of November, which country became the world’s newest republic?
- The northern part of which English county saw a massive swing from the Conservatives to the Liberal Democrats in a by-election?
- Where was “I’m a Celebrity 2021” held?
- Who was the winner on “I’m a Celebrity 2021?
- What is the is the current Geocaching Souvenir Challenge called?
Reach the Peak
- In February, Captain Sir Tom Moore passed away, aged 100. He raised more than £30m for NHS charities by initially walking how many laps of his garden?
100 laps of his 25 metre garden in Marston Moretaine in Bedfordshire
- In July, Unesco removed its world heritage status from which UK site?
Liverpool, because new buildings undermined the attractiveness of its Victorian docks
- On which planet did Nasa fly a small helicopter called Ingenuity, bearing a fragment of the Wright brothers’ first aeroplane?
- Name the drummer of the Rolling Stones, who died aged 80?
- Who controversially won the Formula 1 Championship in Abu Dhabi?
- Which sports personality was awarded an MBE for their campaigning to help vulnerable children?
- In June which MP defected from Conservative to Labour, calling his former party “reactionary, populist, nationalistic and sometimes even xenophobic”?
John Bercow former Speaker of the House of Commons
- Which landscape in Northwest Wales is given UNESCO World Heritage status?
The Slate Landscape of Northwest Wales
- AUKUS, a trilateral security pact with was formed between the UK, Australia and the United States to provide what to Australia?
- Who was the first civilian aboard his own winged rocket ship to reach space, attaining an altitude of 53 miles above ground—three miles beyond the threshold of space?
- Who filed a lawsuit against Disney — the parent company of Marvel Studios — over their decision to stream Black Widow on Disney+ simultaneously with the theatrical release?
Scarlett Johansson sued Disney, accusing Disney of breaching her contract
- We all have heard of PCR Covid tests, what does PCR stand for?
Polymerase chain reaction
- Which famous BBC DJ passed away on Christmas Day?
- Who was the above’s famous brother?
- Which European country’s flag change went largely unnoticed?
France, the blue is now a darker shade
- Slovenia laid claim to having the largest pile of which substance in Europe?